I’m a guy. Yes, I know the username sort of gives that away. But being a guy, my enjoyment of cooking is also an enjoyment of gear. I got into this whole cooking thing by purchasing a small gas grill. The grill led to burgers, steaks, chicken, pizza, grilled asparagus and a whole slew of food that didn’t come out of a box. The grill led to the kitchen, because even though they call it the Sunshine State, we get a lot of rain. I still like to eat when it rains.
So here is my short list for gear. I’ll add pictures and details over time.
- Weber Genesis Gold C LP grill
- Bubba Keg Grill
- Weber Smokey Joe Silver Grill
- Fagor Rapida 4 and 8 qt pressure cooker set
- KitchenAid stand mixer
- Cuisinart food processor
- Max Burton induction cooker, single element
- The mediocre glass range and oven that came with the house
- Pots, pans, bakeware, bowls, rotisserie kit, scales, thermometers, whisks, knives, spoons, spatulas, cooling racks, aluminum foil and anything else handy or that I can cobble together into a useful tool.
Out of all of it, I’ve probably had the Weber Gold C the longest. The Fagor pressure cooker set is the new addition to the family.